I am SUPER EXCITED to be joining several bloggers for the month of December in the Countdown2Xmas! Be on the look out daily on my Facebook page: Urban Anne for info on each day! Each day a different blogger will … Continue reading
Be sure to watch the following video if you are a student, teacher or parent!
I found this video on another teacher’s blog at the beginning of this school year. I found it at just the right time. My students were giving up, stating I was being too hard on them and asking why I care. I played this video for them and they were all in awe! One of my students actually asked “Do you really stay up late at night?” I then responded that I don’t have sleepless nights but what happens in the classroom does effect my the remainder of my day. I received this video in two different emails today so thought I should share with my bloggers about this amazing video and what really students are saying about it. After watching the video I had my students respond to the video about what they felt.
Here are some of their responses:
- teachers do care about their students and don’t hate them
- teachers want students to move up and become excellent and smart students
- good to know that teachers care that much about us
- school isn’t just about learning it’s about the struggle of life and having to deal with it
- this video is like a wake up call
- it isn’t about homework and classwork and exams or even midterms its saying don’t give up on yourself
- try your hardest instead of giving up or quitting
- it inspires me to act like a man and take everything serious
- the video made me feel that there are people looking out for me
- every time I take the easy way out i am distroying my future
- this video motivates you to do better and try harder
- you should never quit because the world just keeps moving with or without you
- students should always fight to do there best and to never give up
Here is one students reaction to the video:
I am one of these kids. I am a kid that doesn’t do anything but somethings I do do, but most of the things I dont care about. I didn’t try that hard in middle school or 9 grade because I really didn’t care about school, but now I see what will happen and I need to pick it up and try. I will be one of thoughs people that try and that succseed in life.
Hope you enjoyed some of the students responses to this AMAZING video and message!
Peace and Love
So I have been MIA for a while on this space where I place my thoughts, feeling, cooking and crafting ideas. I have had LOTS of schoolwork to get done. I know, I know it was what I said last month. I seem to get ahead then fall behind. I am now getting to the point where I am ahead and I am so excited to share all the fun and exciting crafts and recipes I have in the works.
So for the month of November currently I am……..
…..reading “Looking for Alaska” by: John Green. After finishing “The Fault in our Stars” and loving it I planned to read another one of his books. A student recommended “Looking for Alaska” so that is why I am reading it!
…..watching I most recently have been watching whatever I can find on my TV. I have enjoied having MTV and The Learning Channel back on our TV. I tend to always have something playing in the background.
….trying to figure out what is important to me and how I can get rid of some of the eggs I have in SEVERAL baskets. I sometimes feel like I am so overwhelmed but I think it is because I just have so much going on at one time.
……eating nothing. I am getting reading to go work out and don’t want to get sick. I did however just eat some YUMMY milk duds! (Leftover Halloween candy)
….pinning holiday related! I love this time of year and can’t wait to have time off to do all the fun crafts I have planned.
……tweeting all of my recent blog and Instagram posts. I also have been following @whenisnap_time she is a great friend and fellow blogger!
……going to be heading to bed soon so I can get up and do it all over again tomorrow!
……loving life in general. I am planning a wedding and I have wonderful friends.
……discovering all that God has to offer when diving deeper into the Bible.
……enjoying the feeling of a good workout. Muscles feel tight but not sore!
…thinking about my good friend and her baby. Saying a sweet prayer for safety.
……feeling grateful for all the wonderful blessing in my life.
….listening to the TV in the background as finish up this much needed blog post.
……thanking God for all of the good that is in my life. Along with the good comes the bad. I just have to remain whole in him and stay positive and thankful. I am thankful for my sweet nephew!
……starting to remember how much I enjoy blogging and how much I wish it was my full time job.
Love and Peace!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. (Thanks to Megan and Joanna at The Whimsical Life for nominating me!)
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
Seven facts about UndertheBrella:
- I went to school for Elementary/Special Education Teaching. I am currently a special education teacher at the local high school.
- I student taught in Germany. I lived there for 5 months.
- I was previously married. I am now engaged to the BEST and most LOVING man.
- I have three AWESOME dogs. (Maggie, Toffee, Bella)
- I ran the PF Chang half marathon.
- I LOVE to craft. Crocheting, Knitting, Sewing, Quilting, Cross Stitching, Paper and Felt Crafts.
- I am tall (5’10”) and wear a size 10/11 in woman’s shoes.
I am excited to nominate a few of my fellow bloggers. And the nominees are:
Enjoy Ladies! Look forward to reading 7 Facts about each of you!
Peace and Love